The R-1 (“Religious Organization Worker”) visa is provided to foreign nationals in religious occupations who wish to enter the U.S. to perform duties of the religious worker.
R1 Visa Benefits
- Study – may engage in full-time study in the U.S. So can dependents accompanying you under and R-2 dependent visa.
- Travel – may travel freely in and out, and within the U.S.
- Remuneration – may receive payment for services performed, but only from the organization through which R-1 status obtained.
- Green Card – may apply for permanent residency.
- Family – may apply for the R-2 dependent visa for your spouse and/or unmarried children under 21 years of age. Dependents, however, may not work under an R-2 visa (employment requires qualification for working visa). They may study full-time under the R-2 visa.
- Length of Stay – Initial visa is for up to 30 months (2.5 years).
- Extensions – you may receive one extension for an additional 30 months (2.5 years), for a total stay of up to 5 years.
R1 Visa Requirements
- For the 2 years preceding the application, must have been a member of a bona fide non-profit religious organization.
- Be a minister of religion, working in a religious vocation or occupation.
Trust Velie Law With Your R1 Visa Application
If your R1 Visa Application is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.
94% Approval Rate *
- The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
- Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
- You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
- Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!
* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
Did we answer your question?[ninja_form id=5]
Next: TN Visa »