I Visa – Velie Law Firm

I Visa

The I Visa is for foreign (non-US) media personnel (editors, reporters, film crews, freelance journalists) who are under contract to a foreign media source that is doing business in the United States.

The I Visa term is one year, but it can be extended for as long as the project is ongoing.

I/I-1  Visa Requirements

  • I-VisaAllowed occupations:  reporters, film crews, editors, independent production companies, freelance journalists working under contract, or those in similar positions.
  • Commercial media disallowed:  the I-1 visa may not be used for commercial, entertainment, or advertising purposes.
  • Length of stay – initial maximum duration is 1 year, but dependent on the length of time it will take to complete the job or cover the event.  You may file indefinite extensions if the task warrants.  There are instances where you may travel within the U.S. on a visitor’s visa.

I Visa Family Members

Spouses and/or minor children may also apply for an I-1 visa following the approval of the primary I visa.

Trust Velie Law With Your I Visa Application

If your I Visa Application is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.

94% Approval Rate *

  • The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
  • Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
  • You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
  • Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!

* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.

Did we answer your question?

[ninja_form id=5]