The EB-1-3 Employment-Based Permanent Residence/Green Card (First Preference) is for multinational executives or managers.
Note that, while the corporation or business that employs the applicant must be multinational, that does not necessarily mean it has to be a large business.
Holding an EB1-3 green card may also grant immediate permanent residency to the holder’s spouse and any unmarried children under 21 years of age.
EB1-3 Visa Overview
The EB-1-3 is one of the more desirable permanent / green card visas because the priority dates are current, which means far lower waiting times compared to other categories.
However, like all EB-1 visas, it is very difficult to qualify for and applications are scrutinized extremely closely. To maximize your chance of a successful application, it is critical that you select an experienced immigration attorney.
Another factor that makes the EB-1-3 is desirable because there isn’t a requirement to go through the PERM process. The PERM process is where the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) requirement to “test the market” to prove there are no qualified U.S. workers for the position.
Eligibility Criteria for EB1-3 Visa
- Multinational Executive or Manager – Must have been employed outside U.S. for 1 of the preceding 3 years by a firm or corporation, in a managerial or executive capacity.
- The applicant must be seeking to continue service to that same organization in the U.S., and they may apply whether they are seeking to enter the U.S. or if they are already in the country.
- The executive or manager cannot self-petition for an EB1-3 visa. The application may only be made by the employer.
- The petitioning employer must be a U.S. employer doing business for at least 1 year.
Trust Velie Law With Your EB1-3 Visa Application
If your EB1-3 Visa Application is important to you, here are four great reasons why you should speak to Velie Law Firm today.
- The care we put into all our applications gives us the highest success rates in the industry.
- Plus you get our “Success Guarantee” — if your first application is not successful, we’ll review and resubmit at no cost.
- You’ll deal directly with our in-house attorneys (no affiliates).
- Our services are flat-rate. You won’t pay one penny more!
* Our approval rate displayed is the average for calendar year 2014. Any result Velie Law Firm might have achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.